Saturday, November 17, 2012

Five Favorites Countdown (#5- Camel's Hump)

Camel's Hump
November has me eyeing the stationary trainer again with a mix of disdain and desperation.  The weather has turned grey and rainy.  I've eaten all the leftover Halloween candy and  crashed off of a three week sugar high.  It is time to go to my happy place where I relive five of our favorite backcountry ski tours.  Come live in the past with us for a while.

We start the list with one of my very first backcountry tours, and the first time I spent a night in a tent with snow on the ground.

I am of course talking about Camel's Hump.

This was a tour that left a lasting impression.  A damp, shivering, frozen impression.  Despite learning a few lessons the hard way, the wide open glades provided all the balm my frostbit soul needed.

Read all about it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment