Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Media Review: Going Deeper


Hey snowboarders.  Let's be friends.  I'm sorry that I've blamed you for pushing all the snow off of my favorite slopes and for causing every piste collision I've ever been in.  My disapproving glares and animosity are a thing of the past.  You can thank Jeremy Jones.



Jeremy Jones.  Snowboarding ambassador

Jones is the mastermind behind one of this season's releases from Teton Gravity Research.  His movie, Deeper, features big mountain snowboarding, but has more than just jaw dropping action shots.  It also incorporates ALOT of big mountain climbing, winter camping, and a message celebrating exploration.

Not since Steep have I seen a winter sport movie this interesting.

The desire to go deeper, explore further, and ski new lines without waiting in line is all too familiar to a backcountry ski enthusiast.

Kudos to Mr. Jones and TGR.

If you didn't get a chance to see it in theaters, don't fret.  I purchased my copy for under $10 on iTunes.

It's also coming back to Boston for a second IMAX showing next Wednesday, December 15th.


You can watch the trailer HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment