Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Trip Report: Belmont (Yeah, THAT Belmont...)


Sometimes alpine touring is less alpine and more touring.  Such was the case on a recent "trip" (five minutes from my door) to Belmont, MA.



I'm usually ready to pass out from oxygen deprivation at this point.
I spent the better part of three months this summer riding the mountain bike trails at the Belmont Conservation Lands.  Every trip I made at least one climb up to the water tower on the top of Mackerel Hill to ogle the old forest running down the back side to the ball fields along Trapelo Road.

Widely spaced trees and a few hundred feet of vertical was all it took to lure me out in the wake of the recent Nor'easter.

While it wasn't Tuckermans, sometimes alpine touring isn't all about conquering the steeps.  Sometimes its just about finding a moment of zen to play like a kid in and among the trees.

Enjoy the video.

No comments:

Post a Comment